Aliases for HELLS Gene
- Helicase, Lymphoid-Specific 2 3
- Proliferation-Associated SNF2-Like Protein 2 3 4
- SWI/SNF2-Related Matrix-Associated Actin-Dependent Regulator Of Chromatin Subfamily A Member 6 3 4
- SMARCA6 3 4
- PASG 3 4
- LSH 3 6
- SWI/SNF2-Related, Matrix-Associated, Actin-Dependent Regulator Of Chromatin, Subfamily A, Member 6 3
- Actin-Dependent Regulator Of Chromatin 2
- Lymphoid-Specific Helicase 3
External Ids for HELLS Gene
This gene encodes a lymphoid-specific helicase. Other helicases function in processes involving DNA strand separation, including replication, repair, recombination, and transcription. This protein is thought to be involved with cellular proliferation and may play a role in leukemogenesis. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2014]
GeneCards Summary for HELLS Gene
HELLS (Helicase, Lymphoid-Specific) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with HELLS include rothmund-thomson syndrome. Among its related pathways are PEDF Induced Signaling and BRCA1 Pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include chromatin binding and helicase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for HELLS Gene
Plays an essential role in normal development and survival. Involved in regulation of the expansion or survival of lymphoid cells. Required for de novo or maintenance DNA methylation. May control silencing of the imprinted CDKN1C gene through DNA methylation. May play a role in formation and organization of heterochromatin, implying a functional role in the regulation of transcription and mitosis (By similarity).