Aliases for SLCO3A1 Gene
- Solute Carrier Organic Anion Transporter Family, Member 3A1 2 3
- OATP3A1 3 4 6
- OATPD 3 4 6
- Solute Carrier Family 21 (Organic Anion Transporter), Member 11 2 3
- Organic Anion Transporter Polypeptide-Related Protein 3 3 4
- Sodium-Independent Organic Anion Transporter D 3 4
- Organic Anion-Transporting Polypeptide D 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 21 Member 11 3 4
External Ids for SLCO3A1 Gene
Previous Symbols for SLCO3A1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLCO3A1 Gene
SLCO3A1 (Solute Carrier Organic Anion Transporter Family, Member 3A1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLCO3A1 include aneurysmal bone cysts. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. GO annotations related to this gene include transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLCO1B7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLCO3A1 Gene
Mediates the Na(+)-independent transport of organic anions such as estrone-3-sulfate (PubMed:10873595). Mediates transport of prostaglandins (PG) E1 and E2, thyroxine (T4), deltorphin II, BQ-123 and vasopressin, but not DPDPE (a derivative of enkephalin lacking an N-terminal tyrosine residue), estrone-3-sulfate, taurocholate, digoxin nor DHEAS (PubMed:16971491).