Aliases for RASGRP3 Gene
- RAS Guanyl Releasing Protein 3 2 3
- RAS Guanyl Releasing Protein 3 (Calcium And DAG-Regulated) 2 3 5
- Calcium- And Diacylglycerol-Regulated Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor III 2 3
- Calcium And DAG-Regulated Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor III 3 4
- Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor For Rap1 3 4
- GRP3 3 4
- CalDAG-GEFIII 3
- KIAA0846 4
External Ids for RASGRP3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for RASGRP3 Gene
Members of the RAS (see HRAS; MIM 190020) subfamily of GTPases function in signal transduction as GTP/GDP-regulated switches that cycle between inactive GDP- and active GTP-bound states. Guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs), such as RASGRP3, serve as RAS activators by promoting acquisition of GTP to maintain the active GTP-bound state and are the key link between cell surface receptors and RAS activation (Rebhun et al., 2000 [PubMed 10934204]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for RASGRP3 Gene
RASGRP3 (RAS Guanyl Releasing Protein 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Interleukin-3, 5 and GM-CSF signaling and TCR Signaling (Qiagen). GO annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding and GTPase activator activity. An important paralog of this gene is RASGEF1A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for RASGRP3 Gene
Guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for Ras and Rap1.