Aliases for F2RL2 Gene
- Coagulation Factor II (Thrombin) Receptor-Like 2 2 3
- PAR3 3 4 6
- Proteinase-Activated Receptor-3 2 3
- Thrombin Receptor-Like 2 3 4
- PAR-3 3 4
- Coagulation Factor II Receptor-Like 2 (Protease-Actovated Receptor 3) 3
- Coagulation Factor II Receptor-Like 2 4
- Proteinase-Activated Receptor 3 3
- Protease-Activated Receptor 3 3
External Ids for F2RL2 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the protease-activated receptor (PAR) family which is a subfamily of the seven transmembrane G protein-coupled cell surface receptor family. The encoded protein acts as a cofactor in the thrombin-mediated cleavage and activation of the protease-activated receptor family member PAR4. The encoded protein plays an essential role in hemostasis and thrombosis. Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants that encode different isoforms. [provided by RefSeq, Feb 2012]
GeneCards Summary for F2RL2 Gene
F2RL2 (Coagulation Factor II (Thrombin) Receptor-Like 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with F2RL2 include schizophrenia and hepatocellular carcinoma. Among its related pathways are Signaling by GPCR and TGF-Beta Pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include phosphatidylinositol phospholipase C activity and thrombin receptor activity. An important paralog of this gene is GPR132.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for F2RL2 Gene
Receptor for activated thrombin coupled to G proteins that stimulate phosphoinositide hydrolysis.