Aliases for OLIG1 Gene
- Oligodendrocyte Transcription Factor 1 2 3 5
- Oligodendrocyte-Specific BHLH Transcription Factor 1 2 3
- Basic Domain, Helix-Loop-Helix Protein, Class B, 6 2 3
- Oligodendrocyte Lineage Transcription Factor 1 2 3
- Class E Basic Helix-Loop-Helix Protein 21 3 4
- Class B Basic Helix-Loop-Helix Protein 6 3 4
- BHLHE21 3 4
- Oligo1 3 4
- BHLHB6 3 4
External Ids for OLIG1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for OLIG1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for OLIG1 Gene
OLIG1 (Oligodendrocyte Transcription Factor 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with OLIG1 include Oligodendroglioma. Among its related pathways are Neural Crest Differentiation and Neural Stem Cell Differentiation Pathways and Lineage-specific Markers. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include protein dimerization activity. An important paralog of this gene is OLIG2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for OLIG1 Gene
Promotes formation and maturation of oligodendrocytes, especially within the brain. Cooperates with OLIG2 to establish the pMN domain of the embryonic neural tube (By similarity).