Aliases for SLC12A7 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 12 Member 7 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 12 (Potassium/Chloride Transporter), Member 7 2 3 5
- Electroneutral Potassium-Chloride Cotransporter 4 3 4
- K-Cl Cotransporter 4 3 4
- KCC4 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 12 (Potassium/Chloride Transporters), Member 7 3
- Potassium/Chloride Transporter KCC4 3
External Ids for SLC12A7 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC12A7 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC12A7 Gene
SLC12A7 (Solute Carrier Family 12 Member 7) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC12A7 include bartter disease. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Insulin receptor recycling. GO annotations related to this gene include protein kinase binding and potassium:chloride symporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC12A2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC12A7 Gene
Mediates electroneutral potassium-chloride cotransport when activated by cell swelling. May mediate K(+) uptake into Deiters cells in the cochlea and contribute to K(+) recycling in the inner ear. Important for the survival of cochlear outer and inner hair cells and the maintenance of the organ of Corti. May be required for basolateral Cl(-) extrusion in the kidney and contribute to renal acidification (By similarity).