Aliases for SLC34A2 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 34 Member 2 2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 34 (Type II Sodium/Phosphate Cotransporter), Member 2 2 3 5
- Solute Carrier Family 34 (Sodium Phosphate), Member 2 2 3
- Sodium/Phosphate Cotransporter 2B 3 4
- Type II Sodium-Dependent Phosphate Transporter 3b 3
- Na(+)-Dependent Phosphate Cotransporter 2B 4
- Sodium-Phosphate Transport Protein 2B 4
External Ids for SLC34A2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC34A2 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a pH-sensitive sodium-dependent phosphate transporter. Phosphate uptake is increased at lower pH. Defects in this gene are a cause of pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis. Three transcript variants encoding two different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, May 2010]
GeneCards Summary for SLC34A2 Gene
SLC34A2 (Solute Carrier Family 34 Member 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC34A2 include pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis and testicular microlithiasis. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. GO annotations related to this gene include protein domain specific binding and phosphate ion binding. An important paralog of this gene is SLC34A1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC34A2 Gene
May be involved in actively transporting phosphate into cells via Na(+) cotransport. It may be the main phosphate transport protein in the intestinal brush border membrane. May have a role in the synthesis of surfactant in lungs alveoli.