Aliases for SLC25A17 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Peroxisomal Membrane Protein, 34kDa), Member 17 2 3
- PMP34 3 4 6
- Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 17 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Peroxisomal Membrane Protein, 34kD), Member 17 2
- Peroxisomal Membrane Protein (34kD) 2
- 34 KDa Peroxisomal Membrane Protein 4
- Peroxisomal Membrane Protein PMP34 3
External Ids for SLC25A17 Gene
This gene encodes a peroxisomal membrane protein that belongs to the family of mitochondrial solute carriers. It is expressed in the liver, and is likely involved in transport. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2013]
GeneCards Summary for SLC25A17 Gene
SLC25A17 (Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Peroxisomal Membrane Protein, 34kDa), Member 17) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC25A17 include adrenomyeloneuropathy and peroxisomal disease. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include chaperone binding and ADP transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC25A32.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC25A17 Gene
Peroxisomal transporter for multiple cofactors like coenzyme A (CoA), flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD), flavin mononucleotide (FMN) and nucleotide adenosine monophosphate (AMP), and to a lesser extend for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD(+)), adenosine diphosphate (ADP) and adenosine 3,5-diphosphate (PAP). May catalyze the transport of free CoA, FAD and NAD(+) from the cytosol into the peroxisomal matrix by a counter-exchange mechanism. Inhibited by pyridoxal 5-phosphate and bathophenanthroline in vitro.