Aliases for AP3S2 Gene
- Adaptor Related Protein Complex 3 Sigma 2 Subunit 2 3 5
- Adaptor-Related Protein Complex 3 Subunit Sigma-2 3 4
- AP-3 Complex Subunit Sigma-3B 3 4
- Sigma-Adaptin 3b 3 4
- Sigma-3B-Adaptin 3 4
- Clathrin-Associated/Assembly/Adaptor Protein, Small 4, 22-KD 3
- Adaptor-Related Protein Complex 3, Sigma 2 Subunit 2
External Ids for AP3S2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for AP3S2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for AP3S2 Gene
AP3S2 (Adaptor Related Protein Complex 3 Sigma 2 Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Lysosome. GO annotations related to this gene include protein transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is AP3S1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for AP3S2 Gene
Part of the AP-3 complex, an adaptor-related complex which is not clathrin-associated. The complex is associated with the Golgi region as well as more peripheral structures. It facilitates the budding of vesicles from the Golgi membrane and may be directly involved in trafficking to lysosomes. In concert with the BLOC-1 complex, AP-3 is required to target cargos into vesicles assembled at cell bodies for delivery into neurites and nerve terminals.