Aliases for ZW10 Gene
- Zw10 Kinetochore Protein 2 3
- ZW10 (Drosophila) Homolog, Centromere/Kinetochore Protein 2
- ZW10, Kinetochore Associated, Homolog (Drosophila) 2
- ZW10 Homolog, Centromere/Kinetochore Protein 3
- Centromere/Kinetochore Protein Zw10 Homolog 3
- ZW10, Kinetochore Associated, Homolog 3
- Zeste White 10 Homolog 3
- KNTC1AP 3
- HZW10 3
External Ids for ZW10 Gene
This gene encodes a protein that is one of many involved in mechanisms to ensure proper chromosome segregation during cell division. This protein is an essential component of the mitotic checkpoint, which prevents cells from prematurely exiting mitosis. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011]
GeneCards Summary for ZW10 Gene
ZW10 (Zw10 Kinetochore Protein) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ZW10 include roberts syndrome. Among its related pathways are Cell Cycle, Mitotic and Cell Cycle, Mitotic. GO annotations related to this gene include centromeric DNA binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ZW10 Gene
Essential component of the mitotic checkpoint, which prevents cells from prematurely exiting mitosis. Required for the assembly of the dynein-dynactin and MAD1-MAD2 complexes onto kinetochores. Involved in regulation of membrane traffic between the Golgi and the endoplasmic reticulum.