Aliases for ZDHHC3 Gene
- Zinc Finger DHHC-Type Containing 3 2 3 5
- Zinc Finger DHHC Domain-Containing Protein 3 3 4
- Golgi-Specific DHHC Zinc Finger Protein 2 3
- DHHC-3 3 4
- Golgi Apparatus-Specific Protein With DHHC Zinc Finger Domain 3
- Zinc Finger, DHHC Domain Containing 3 3
- Palmitoyltransferase ZDHHC3 3
- Zinc Finger Protein 373 3
External Ids for ZDHHC3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ZDHHC3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for ZDHHC3 Gene
ZDHHC3 (Zinc Finger DHHC-Type Containing 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include protein-cysteine S-palmitoyltransferase activity and palmitoyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is ZDHHC7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ZDHHC3 Gene
Palmitoyltransferase with broad specificity (PubMed:21926431, PubMed:23034182). Palmitoylates GABA receptors on their gamma subunit (GABRG1, GABRG2 and GABRG3), which regulates synaptic clustering and/or cell surface stability (By similarity). Palmitoylates glutamate receptors GRIA1 and GRIA2, which leads to their retention in Golgi. May also palmitoylate DLG4, DNAJC5 and SNAP25 (By similarity).