Aliases for WFIKKN2 Gene
- WAP, Follistatin/Kazal, Immunoglobulin, Kunitz And Netrin Domain Containing 2 2 3 5
- WAP, Follistatin, Immunoglobulin, Kunitz And NTR Domain-Containing-Related Protein 3 4
- Growth And Differentiation Factor-Associated Serum Protein 1 3 4
- WAP Four-Disulfide Core Domain 20B 2 3
- WFIKKN-Related Protein 3 4
- WFIKKNRP 3 4
- HGASP-1 3 4
External Ids for WFIKKN2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for WFIKKN2 Gene
The WFIKKN1 protein contains a WAP domain, follistatin domain, immunoglobulin domain, two tandem Kunitz domains, and an NTR domain. This gene encodes a WFIKKN1-related protein which has the same domain organization as the WFIKKN1 protein. The WAP-type, follistatin type, Kunitz-type, and NTR-type protease inhibitory domains may control the action of multiple types of proteases. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for WFIKKN2 Gene
WFIKKN2 (WAP, Follistatin/Kazal, Immunoglobulin, Kunitz And Netrin Domain Containing 2) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity and metalloendopeptidase inhibitor activity. An important paralog of this gene is WFIKKN1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for WFIKKN2 Gene
Protease-inhibitor that contains multiple distinct protease inhibitor domains. Probably has serine protease- and metalloprotease-inhibitor activity. Inhibits the biological activity of mature myostatin, but not activin (By similarity).