Aliases for WDHD1 Gene
- WD Repeat And HMG-Box DNA Binding Protein 1 2 3
- Acidic Nucleoplasmic DNA-Binding Protein 1 3 4
- AND-1 3 4
- CTF4 2 3
- AND1 3 4
- Chromosome Transmission Fidelity Factor 4 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- CTF4, Chromosome Transmission Fidelity Factor 4 Homolog 3
- WD Repeat And HMG-Box DNA-Binding Protein 1 3
- CHTF4 3
External Ids for WDHD1 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene contains multiple N-terminal WD40 domains and a C-terminal high mobility group (HMG) box. WD40 domains are found in a variety of eukaryotic proteins and may function as adaptor/regulatory modules in signal transduction, pre-mRNA processing and cytoskeleton assembly. HMG boxes are found in many eukaryotic proteins involved in chromatin assembly, transcription and replication. Alternative splicing results in two transcript variants encoding different isoforms. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for WDHD1 Gene
WDHD1 (WD Repeat And HMG-Box DNA Binding Protein 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with WDHD1 include trench fever. GO annotations related to this gene include RNA binding and RNA polymerase binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for WDHD1 Gene
Acts as a replication initiation factor that brings together the MCM2-7 helicase and the DNA polymerase alpha/primase complex in order to initiate DNA replication.