Aliases for VTI1A Gene
- Vesicle Transport Through Interaction With T-SNAREs 1A 2 3
- Vesicle Transport V-SNARE Protein Vti1-Like 2 3 4
- Vti1-Rp2 3 4
- VTI1RP2 3 6
- MMDS3 3 6
- Vesicle Transport Through Interaction With T-SNAREs Homolog 1A (Yeast) 2
- Vesicle Transport Through Interaction With T-SNAREs Homolog 1A 3
- SNARE Vti1a-Beta Protein 3
- MVti1 3
External Ids for VTI1A Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for VTI1A Gene
GeneCards Summary for VTI1A Gene
VTI1A (Vesicle Transport Through Interaction With T-SNAREs 1A) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Delta508-CFTR traffic / ER-to-Golgi in CF and Neuroscience. GO annotations related to this gene include SNAP receptor activity. An important paralog of this gene is VTI1B.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for VTI1A Gene
V-SNARE that mediates vesicle transport pathways through interactions with t-SNAREs on the target membrane. These interactions are proposed to mediate aspects of the specificity of vesicle trafficking and to promote fusion of the lipid bilayers. Involved in vesicular transport from the late endosomes to the trans-Golgi network. Along with VAMP7, involved in an non-conventional RAB1-dependent traffic route to the cell surface used by KCNIP1 and KCND2. May be involved in increased cytokine secretion associated with cellular senescence.