Aliases for VCPIP1 Gene
- Valosin Containing Protein (P97)/P47 Complex Interacting Protein 1 2 3
- Valosin-Containing Protein P97/P47 Complex-Interacting Protein P135 3 4
- Valosin-Containing Protein P97/P47 Complex-Interacting Protein 1 3 4
- VCP/P47 Complex-Interacting 135-KDa Protein 3 4
- VCIP135 3 4
- Valosin-Containing Protein (P97)/P47 Complex-Interacting Protein P135 3
- EC 22.214.171.124 4
- KIAA1850 4
- DUBA3 3
External Ids for VCPIP1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for VCPIP1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for VCPIP1 Gene
VCPIP1 (Valosin Containing Protein (P97)/P47 Complex Interacting Protein 1) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include ubiquitin-specific protease activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for VCPIP1 Gene
Acts as a deubiquitinating enzyme. Necessary for VCP-mediated reassembly of Golgi stacks after mitosis. May play a role in VCP-mediated formation of transitional endoplasmic reticulum (tER). Mediates dissociation of the ternary complex containing STX5A, NSFL1C and VCP (By similarity). Hydrolyzes Lys-11- and Lys-48-linked polyubiquitin chains.