Aliases for UQCC2 Gene
- Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Complex Assembly Factor 2 2 3 5
- Mitochondrial Nucleoid Factor 1 2 3 4
- Breast Cancer-Associated Protein SGA-81M 3 4
- Mitochondrial Protein M19 3 4
- C6orf125 3 4
- MNF1 3 4
- Ubiquinol-Cytochrome-C Reductase Complex Assembly Factor 2 3
- Cytochrome B Protein Synthesis 6 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
External Ids for UQCC2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for UQCC2 Gene
This gene encodes a nucleoid protein localized to the mitochondria inner membrane. The encoded protein affects regulation of insulin secretion, mitochondrial ATP production, and myogenesis through modulation of mitochondrial respiratory chain activity. [provided by RefSeq, Oct 2012]
GeneCards Summary for UQCC2 Gene
UQCC2 (Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Complex Assembly Factor 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with UQCC2 include Mitochondrial Complex Iii Deficiency, Nuclear Type 7 and Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain Complex Iii Deficiency, Uqcc2-Related.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for UQCC2 Gene
Required for the assembly of the ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase complex (mitochondrial respiratory chain complex III or cytochrome b-c1 complex). Plays a role in the modulation of respiratory chain activities such as oxygen consumption and ATP production and via its modulation of the respiratory chain activity can regulate skeletal muscle differentiation and insulin secretion by pancreatic beta-cells. Involved in cytochrome b translation and/or stability.