Aliases for U2AF1L4 Gene
- U2 Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like 4 2 3
- U2(RNU2) Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like Protein 3 3 4
- U2 Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like Protein 3 3 4
- U2 Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like Protein 4 3 4
- U2(RNU2) Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like 3 2 3
- U2 Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like 3 2 3
- U2 Auxiliary Factor 26 3 4
- U2AF1-Like Protein 3 3 4
External Ids for U2AF1L4 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for U2AF1L4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for U2AF1L4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for U2AF1L4 Gene
U2AF1L4 (U2 Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like 4) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include RNA binding and nucleotide binding. An important paralog of this gene is ZRSR1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for U2AF1L4 Gene
RNA-binding protein that function as a pre-mRNA splicing factor. Plays a critical role in both constitutive and enhancer-dependent splicing by mediating protein-protein interactions and protein-RNA interactions required for accurate 3-splice site selection. Acts by enhancing the binding of U2AF2 to weak pyrimidine tracts. Also participates in the regulation of alternative pre-mRNA splicing. Activates exon 5 skipping of PTPRC during T-cell activation; an event reversed by GFI1. Binds to RNA at the AG dinucleotide at the 3-splice site (By similarity). Shows a preference for AGC or AGA (By similarity).