Aliases for TRUB2 Gene
- TruB Pseudouridine Synthase Family Member 2 2 3 5
- TruB Pseudouridine (Psi) Synthase Family Member 2 2 3
- TruB Pseudouridine (Psi) Synthase Homolog 2 (E. Coli) 2
- Mitochondrial MRNA Pseudouridine Synthase TRUB2 3
- TruB Pseudouridine (Psi) Synthase Homolog 2 3
- Probable TRNA Pseudouridine Synthase 2 3
- EC 5.4.99.- 4
- CLONE24922 3
External Ids for TRUB2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TRUB2 Gene
Pseudouridine is an abundant component of rRNAs and tRNAs and is enzymatically generated by isomerization of uridine by pseudouridine synthase (Zucchini et al., 2003 [PubMed 12736709]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for TRUB2 Gene
TRUB2 (TruB Pseudouridine Synthase Family Member 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TRUB2 include Dyskeratosis Congenita. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include pseudouridine synthase activity. An important paralog of this gene is TRUB1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TRUB2 Gene
Minor enzyme contributing to the conversion of uridine to pseudouridine (PSI) at position 390 in mitochondrial COXI (MT-CO1) mRNA and at position 697-699 in mitochondrial COXIII (MT-CO3) mRNA, modulating the efficiency of mitochondrial protein synthesis without changes in transcript abundance or stability.