Aliases for TRPC7 Gene
- Transient Receptor Potential Cation Channel Subfamily C Member 7 2 3
- Transient Receptor Potential Cation Channel, Subfamily C, Member 7 2 3 5
- Transient Receptor Protein 7 3 4
- TRP-7 3 4
- HTRP7 3 4
- TRP7 3 4
- Likley Ortholog Of Mouse Transient Receptor Potential Cation Channel, Subfamily C, Member 7 3
- Putative Capacitative Calcium Channel 3
- TrpC7 4
External Ids for TRPC7 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TRPC7 Gene
GeneCards Summary for TRPC7 Gene
TRPC7 (Transient Receptor Potential Cation Channel Subfamily C Member 7) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are CREB Pathway and Developmental Biology. GO annotations related to this gene include binding and calcium channel activity. An important paralog of this gene is TRPC6.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TRPC7 Gene
Thought to form a receptor-activated non-selective calcium permeant cation channel. Probably is operated by a phosphatidylinositol second messenger system activated by receptor tyrosine kinases or G-protein coupled receptors. Activated by diacylglycerol (DAG) (By similarity). May also be activated by intracellular calcium store depletion.