Aliases for TRMT10C Gene
- TRNA Methyltransferase 10 Homolog C (S. Cerevisiae) 2 3
- RG9MTD1 3 4 6
- MRPP1 3 4 6
- RNA (Guanine-9-) Methyltransferase Domain Containing 1 2 3
- HBV Pre-S2 Trans-Regulated Protein 2 3 4
- Renal Carcinoma Antigen NY-REN-49 3 4
- Mitochondrial RNase P Subunit 1 2 3
- RNA (Guanine-9-)-Methyltransferase Domain-Containing Protein 1 4
External Ids for TRMT10C Gene
Previous Symbols for TRMT10C Gene
This gene encodes the precursor of a subunit of the mitochondrial ribonuclease P, which is involved in 5' processing of mitochondrial tRNAs. The encoded protein may confer RNA-binding capacity to mitochondrial ribonuclease P and may be essential for transcript processing, RNA modification, translation and mitochondrial respiration. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2012]
GeneCards Summary for TRMT10C Gene
TRMT10C (TRNA Methyltransferase 10 Homolog C (S. Cerevisiae)) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include methyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is TRMT10A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TRMT10C Gene
Functions in mitochondrial tRNA maturation. Part of mitochondrial ribonuclease P, an enzyme composed of MRPP1/RG9MTD1, MRPP2/HSD17B10 and MRPP3/KIAA0391, which cleaves tRNA molecules in their 5-ends.