Aliases for TOMM20 Gene
- Translocase Of Outer Mitochondrial Membrane 20 2 3
- Translocase Of Outer Mitochondrial Membrane 20 Homolog Type II 2 3
- Translocase Of Outer Mitochondrial Membrane 20 Homolog (Yeast) 2 5
- Mitochondrial 20 KDa Outer Membrane Protein 3 4
- Outer Mitochondrial Membrane Receptor Tom20 3 4
- KIAA0016 4
- MAS20 3
- MOM19 3
- TOM20 3
External Ids for TOMM20 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TOMM20 Gene
GeneCards Summary for TOMM20 Gene
TOMM20 (Translocase Of Outer Mitochondrial Membrane 20) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TOMM20 include Perry Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Glucose / Energy Metabolism and Pink/Parkin Mediated Mitophagy. GO annotations related to this gene include unfolded protein binding and P-P-bond-hydrolysis-driven protein transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is TOMM20L.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TOMM20 Gene
Central component of the receptor complex responsible for the recognition and translocation of cytosolically synthesized mitochondrial preproteins. Together with TOM22 functions as the transit peptide receptor at the surface of the mitochondrion outer membrane and facilitates the movement of preproteins into the TOM40 translocation pore (By similarity).