Aliases for TIGIT Gene
- T-Cell Immunoreceptor With Ig And ITIM Domains 2 3 5
- V-Set And Immunoglobulin Domain-Containing Protein 9 3 4
- V-Set And Transmembrane Domain-Containing Protein 3 3 4
- T Cell Immunoreceptor With Ig And ITIM Domains 2 3
- V-Set And Immunoglobulin Domain Containing 9 2 3
- V-Set And Transmembrane Domain Containing 3 2 3
External Ids for TIGIT Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TIGIT Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TIGIT Gene
This gene encodes a member of the PVR (poliovirus receptor) family of immunoglobin proteins. The product of this gene is expressed on several classes of T cells including follicular B helper T cells (TFH). The protein has been shown to bind PVR with high affinity; this binding is thought to assist interactions between TFH and dendritic cells to regulate T cell dependent B cell responses.[provided by RefSeq, Sep 2009]
GeneCards Summary for TIGIT Gene
TIGIT (T-Cell Immunoreceptor With Ig And ITIM Domains) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Natural Killer Cell Receptors: Human Target Cell ?�� NK Cell Ligand-Receptor Interactions and T Cell Co-Signaling Pathway: Ligand-Receptor Interactions. GO annotations related to this gene include receptor binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TIGIT Gene
Binds with high affinity to the poliovirus receptor (PVR) which causes increased secretion of IL10 and decreased secretion of IL12B and suppresses T-cell activation by promoting the generation of mature immunoregulatory dendritic cells.