Aliases for TGS1 Gene
- Trimethylguanosine Synthase 1 2 3 5
- PRIP-Interacting Protein With Methyltransferase Motif 3 4
- Nuclear Receptor Coactivator 6-Interacting Protein 3 4
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma-Associated Antigen 137 3 4
- Cap-Specific Guanine-N2 Methyltransferase 3 4
- CLL-Associated Antigen KW-2 3 4
- NCOA6IP 3 4
- PIPMT 3 4
External Ids for TGS1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TGS1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TGS1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for TGS1 Gene
TGS1 (Trimethylguanosine Synthase 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Regulation of lipid metabolism by Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha). GO annotations related to this gene include methyltransferase activity and RNA trimethylguanosine synthase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TGS1 Gene
Catalyzes the 2 serial methylation steps for the conversion of the 7-monomethylguanosine (m(7)G) caps of snRNAs and snoRNAs to a 2,2,7-trimethylguanosine (m(2,2,7)G) cap structure. The enzyme is specific for guanine, and N7 methylation must precede N2 methylation. Hypermethylation of the m7G cap of U snRNAs leads to their concentration in nuclear foci, their colocalization with coilin and the formation of canonical Cajal bodies (CBs). Plays a role in transcriptional regulation.