Aliases for TGS1 Gene
- Trimethylguanosine Synthase 1 2 3 5
- PRIP-Interacting Protein With Methyltransferase Motif 3 4
- Nuclear Receptor Coactivator 6-Interacting Protein 3 4
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma-Associated Antigen 137 3 4
- Cap-Specific Guanine-N2 Methyltransferase 3 4
- CLL-Associated Antigen KW-2 3 4
- NCOA6IP 3 4
- PIPMT 3 4
External Ids for TGS1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TGS1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TGS1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for TGS1 Gene
TGS1 (Trimethylguanosine Synthase 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Organelle biogenesis and maintenance and Gene Expression. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include methyltransferase activity and RNA trimethylguanosine synthase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TGS1 Gene
Catalyzes the 2 serial methylation steps for the conversion of the 7-monomethylguanosine (m(7)G) caps of snRNAs and snoRNAs to a 2,2,7-trimethylguanosine (m(2,2,7)G) cap structure. The enzyme is specific for guanine, and N7 methylation must precede N2 methylation. Hypermethylation of the m7G cap of U snRNAs leads to their concentration in nuclear foci, their colocalization with coilin and the formation of canonical Cajal bodies (CBs). Plays a role in transcriptional regulation.