Aliases for TFB2M Gene
- Transcription Factor B2, Mitochondrial 2 3 5
- S-Adenosylmethionine-6-N, N-Adenosyl(RRNA) Dimethyltransferase 2 3 4
- Hepatitis C Virus NS5A-Transactivated Protein 5 3 4
- Mitochondrial Transcription Factor B2 3 4
- Mitochondrial 12S RRNA Dimethylase 2 3 4
- HCV NS5A-Transactivated Protein 5 3 4
- H-MtTFB2 3 4
- H-MtTFB 3 4
External Ids for TFB2M Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TFB2M Gene
GeneCards Summary for TFB2M Gene
TFB2M (Transcription Factor B2, Mitochondrial) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transcriptional activation of mitochondrial biogenesis and Activated PKN1 stimulates transcription of AR (androgen receptor) regulated genes KLK2 and KLK3. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding and rRNA methyltransferase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TFB2M Gene
S-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent methyltransferase which specifically dimethylates mitochondrial 12S rRNA at the conserved stem loop. Also required for basal transcription of mitochondrial DNA, probably via its interaction with POLRMT and TFAM. Stimulates transcription independently of the methyltransferase activity. Compared to TFB1M, it activates transcription of mitochondrial DNA more efficiently, while it has less methyltransferase activity.