Aliases for TFAP2D Gene
- Transcription Factor AP-2 Delta 2 3 5
- Transcription Factor AP-2 Beta (Activating Enhancer-Binding Protein 2 Beta)-Like 1 2 3
- Transcription Factor AP-2 Delta (Activating Enhancer Binding Protein 2 Delta) 2 3
- Activating Enhancer-Binding Protein 2-Delta 3 4
- Transcription Factor AP-2-Beta-Like 1 3 4
- AP2-Delta 3 4
External Ids for TFAP2D Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TFAP2D Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TFAP2D Gene
GeneCards Summary for TFAP2D Gene
TFAP2D (Transcription Factor AP-2 Delta) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and Transcriptional regulation by the AP-2 (TFAP2) family of transcription factors. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity, sequence-specific DNA binding and RNA polymerase II regulatory region sequence-specific DNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is TFAP2E.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TFAP2D Gene
Sequence-specific DNA-binding protein that interacts with inducible viral and cellular enhancer elements to regulate transcription of selected genes. AP-2 factors bind to the consensus sequence 5-GCCNNNGGC-3 and activate genes involved in a large spectrum of important biological functions including proper eye, face, body wall, limb and neural tube development. They also suppress a number of genes including MCAM/MUC18, C/EBP alpha and MYC (By similarity).