Aliases for TAOK3 Gene
- TAO Kinase 3 2 3
- Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma-Associated Antigen HD-CL-09 3 4
- Dendritic Cell-Derived Protein Kinase 3 4
- Thousand And One Amino Acid Protein 3 3 4
- CTCL-Associated Antigen HD-CL-09 3 4
- Kinase From Chicken Homolog A 3 4
- Jun Kinase-Inhibitory Kinase 3 4
- JNK/SAPK-Inhibitory Kinase 3 4
- EC 22.214.171.124 4 63
External Ids for TAOK3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAOK3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for TAOK3 Gene
TAOK3 (TAO Kinase 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are MAPK signaling pathway and p38 MAPK signaling pathway (Pathway Interaction Database). GO annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring phosphorus-containing groups and protein tyrosine kinase activity. An important paralog of this gene is MAP4K3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TAOK3 Gene
Serine/threonine-protein kinase that acts as a regulator of the p38/MAPK14 stress-activated MAPK cascade and of the MAPK8/JNK cascade. Acts as an activator of the p38/MAPK14 stress-activated MAPK cascade. In response to DNA damage, involved in the G2/M transition DNA damage checkpoint by activating the p38/MAPK14 stress-activated MAPK cascade, probably by mediating phosphorylation of upstream MAP2K3 and MAP2K6 kinases. Inhibits basal activity of MAPK8/JNK cascade and diminishes its activation in response epidermal growth factor (EGF).