Aliases for TAF7L Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 7 Like 2 3 5
- Cancer/Testis Antigen 40 2 3 4
- TAF7-Like RNA Polymerase II, TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, 50kDa 2 3
- Transcription Initiation Factor TFIID 50 KDa Subunit 3 4
- RNA Polymerase II TBP-Associated Factor Subunit Q 3 4
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor 50 KDa 3 4
External Ids for TAF7L Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TAF7L Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF7L Gene
This gene is similar to a mouse gene that encodes a TATA box binding protein-associated factor, and shows testis-specific expression. The encoded protein could be a spermatogenesis-specific component of the DNA-binding general transcription factor complex TFIID. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2009]
GeneCards Summary for TAF7L Gene
TAF7L (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 7 Like) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TAF7L include mohr-tranebjaerg syndrome. Among its related pathways are RNA Polymerase II Transcription Initiation And Promoter Clearance and Assembly of RNA Polymerase-II Initiation Complex. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor binding and transcription regulatory region DNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is TAF7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TAF7L Gene
Probably functions as a spermatogensis-specific component of the DNA-binding general transcription factor complex TFIID, a multimeric protein complex that plays a central role in mediating promoter responses to various activators and repressors. May play a role in spermatogenesis (By similarity).