Aliases for TAF7L Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 7 Like 2 3 5
- Cancer/Testis Antigen 40 2 3 4
- TAF7-Like RNA Polymerase II, TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, 50kDa 2 3
- Transcription Initiation Factor TFIID 50 KDa Subunit 3 4
- RNA Polymerase II TBP-Associated Factor Subunit Q 3 4
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor 50 KDa 3 4
External Ids for TAF7L Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TAF7L Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF7L Gene
This gene is similar to a mouse gene that encodes a TATA box binding protein-associated factor, and shows testis-specific expression. The encoded protein could be a spermatogenesis-specific component of the DNA-binding general transcription factor complex TFIID. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2009]
GeneCards Summary for TAF7L Gene
TAF7L (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 7 Like) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TAF7L include Mohr-Tranebjaerg Syndrome. Among its related pathways are RNA Polymerase II Transcription Initiation And Promoter Clearance and HIV Life Cycle. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor binding and transcription regulatory region DNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is TAF7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TAF7L Gene
Probably functions as a spermatogensis-specific component of the DNA-binding general transcription factor complex TFIID, a multimeric protein complex that plays a central role in mediating promoter responses to various activators and repressors. May play a role in spermatogenesis (By similarity).