Aliases for TAF5L Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 5 Like 2 3 5
- TAF5-Like RNA Polymerase II, P300/CBP-Associated Factor (PCAF)-Associated Factor, 65kDa 2 3
- PCAF-Associated Factor 65 Beta 3 4
- PAF65-Beta 3 4
- PAF65B 3 4
- TAF5-Like RNA Polymerase II P300/CBP-Associated Factor-Associated Factor 65 KDa Subunit 5L 3
- TAF5-Like RNA Polymerase II, P300/CBP-Associated Factor (PCAF)-Associated Factor, 65 KD 2
- PCAF Associated Factor 65 Beta 2
External Ids for TAF5L Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF5L Gene
The product of this gene belongs to the WD-repeat TAF5 family of proteins. This gene encodes a protein that is a component of the PCAF histone acetylase complex. The PCAF histone acetylase complex, which is composed of more than 20 polypeptides some of which are TAFs, is required for myogenic transcription and differentiation. TAFs may participate in basal transcription, serve as coactivators, function in promoter recognition or modify general transcription factors to facilitate complex assembly and transcription initiation. The encoded protein is structurally similar to one of the histone-like TAFs, TAF5. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for TAF5L Gene
TAF5L (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 5 Like) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Chromatin organization and RNA Polymerase II Transcription Initiation And Promoter Clearance. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor activity, sequence-specific DNA binding and histone acetyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is TAF5.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TAF5L Gene
Functions as a component of the PCAF complex. The PCAF complex is capable of efficiently acetylating histones in a nucleosomal context. The PCAF complex could be considered as the human version of the yeast SAGA complex.