Aliases for TAF1L Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 1 Like 2 3 5
- TAF1 RNA Polymerase II, TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, 210kDa-Like 2 3
- Transcription Initiation Factor TFIID 210 KDa Subunit 3 4
- TBP-Associated Factor 210 KDa 3 4
- TBP-Associated Factor 1-Like 3 4
- TAF(II)210 3 4
- TAF1-Like RNA Polymerase II, TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, 210kDa 2
External Ids for TAF1L Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF1L Gene
This locus is intronless, and apparently arose in the primate lineage from retrotransposition of the transcript from the multi-exon TAF1 locus on the X chromosome. The gene is expressed in male germ cells, and the product has been shown to function interchangeably with the TAF1 product. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2015]
GeneCards Summary for TAF1L Gene
TAF1L (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 1 Like) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are HIV Life Cycle and PEDF Induced Signaling. GO annotations related to this gene include protein serine/threonine kinase activity and TBP-class protein binding. An important paralog of this gene is TAF1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TAF1L Gene
May act as a functional substitute for TAF1/TAFII250 during male meiosis, when sex chromosomes are transcriptionally silenced.