Aliases for TAF1L Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 1 Like 2 3 5
- TAF1 RNA Polymerase II, TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, 210kDa-Like 2 3
- Transcription Initiation Factor TFIID 210 KDa Subunit 3 4
- TBP-Associated Factor 210 KDa 3 4
- TBP-Associated Factor 1-Like 3 4
- TAF(II)210 3 4
- TAF1-Like RNA Polymerase II, TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, 210kDa 2
External Ids for TAF1L Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF1L Gene
This locus is intronless, and apparently arose in the primate lineage from retrotransposition of the transcript from the multi-exon TAF1 locus on the X chromosome. The gene is expressed in male germ cells, and the product has been shown to function interchangeably with the TAF1 product. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2015]
GeneCards Summary for TAF1L Gene
TAF1L (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 1 Like) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Formation of HIV elongation complex in the absence of HIV Tat and HIV Life Cycle. GO annotations related to this gene include protein serine/threonine kinase activity and TBP-class protein binding. An important paralog of this gene is TAF1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TAF1L Gene
May act as a functional substitute for TAF1/TAFII250 during male meiosis, when sex chromosomes are transcriptionally silenced.