Aliases for TAF1D Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit D 2 3 5
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, D, 41kDa 2 3
- RNA Polymerase I-Specific TBP-Associated Factor 41 KDa 3 4
- Transcription Initiation Factor SL1/TIF-IB Subunit D 3 4
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor 1D 3 4
- Josephin Domain Containing 3 2 3
- TBP-Associated Factor 1D 3 4
External Ids for TAF1D Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TAF1D Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF1D Gene
TAF1D is a member of the SL1 complex, which includes TBP (MIM 600075) and TAF1A (MIM 604903), TAF1B (MIM 604904), and TAF1C (MIM 604905), and plays a role in RNA polymerase I transcription (Wang et al., 2004 [PubMed 15520167]; Gorski et al., 2007 [PubMed 17318177]).[supplied by OMIM, Jun 2009]
GeneCards Summary for TAF1D Gene
TAF1D (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit D) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Activated PKN1 stimulates transcription of AR (androgen receptor) regulated genes KLK2 and KLK3 and Gene Expression.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TAF1D Gene
Component of the transcription factor SL1/TIF-IB complex, which is involved in the assembly of the PIC (preinitiation complex) during RNA polymerase I-dependent transcription. The rate of PIC formation probably is primarily dependent on the rate of association of SL1/TIF-IB with the rDNA promoter. SL1/TIF-IB is involved in stabilization of nucleolar transcription factor 1/UBTF on rDNA. Formation of SL1/TIF-IB excludes the association of TBP with TFIID subunits.