Aliases for TAF1B Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit B 2 3
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, B, 63kDa 2 3
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, B, 63kD 2 3
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, B 3 5
- RNA Polymerase I-Specific TBP-Associated Factor 63 KDa 3 4
- Transcription Initiation Factor SL1/TIF-IB Subunit B 3 4
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor 1B 3 4
- TBP-Associated Factor 1B 3 4
External Ids for TAF1B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF1B Gene
Initiation of transcription by RNA polymerase I requires the formation of a complex composed of the TATA-binding protein (TBP) and three TBP-associated factors (TAFs) specific for RNA polymerase I. This complex, known as SL1, binds to the core promoter of ribosomal RNA genes to position the polymerase properly and acts as a channel for regulatory signals. This gene encodes one of the SL1-specific TAFs. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2016]
GeneCards Summary for TAF1B Gene
TAF1B (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit B) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Assembly of RNA Polymerase-I Initiation Complex and Assembly of RNA Polymerase-II Initiation Complex. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor activity, sequence-specific DNA binding and RNA polymerase I CORE element sequence-specific DNA binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TAF1B Gene
Component of RNA polymerase I core factor complex that acts as a GTF2B/TFIIB-like factor and plays a key role in multiple steps during trancription initiation such as preinitiation complex (PIC) assembly and postpolymerase recruitment events in polymerase I (Pol I) transcription. Binds rDNA promoters and plays a role in Pol I recruitment as a component of the SL1/TIF-IB complex and, possibly, directly through its interaction with RRN3.