Aliases for TACO1 Gene
- Translational Activator Of Cytochrome C Oxidase I 2 3
- Translational Activator Of Mitochondrially Encoded Cytochrome C Oxidase I 2 3 5
- Coiled-Coil Domain-Containing Protein 44 3 4
- CCDC44 3 4
- Translational Activator Of Mitochondrially-Encoded Cytochrome C Oxidase I 4
- Coiled-Coil Domain Containing 44 2
- Clone HQ0477 PRO0477p 3
External Ids for TACO1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TACO1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TACO1 Gene
This gene encodes a mitochondrial protein that function as a translational activator of mitochondrially-encoded cytochrome c oxidase 1. Mutations in this gene are associated with Leigh syndrome.[provided by RefSeq, Mar 2010]
GeneCards Summary for TACO1 Gene
TACO1 (Translational Activator Of Cytochrome C Oxidase I) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TACO1 include Myasthenic Syndrome, Congenital, 16 and Mitochondrial Complex Iv Deficiency. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and Respiratory electron transport, ATP synthesis by chemiosmotic coupling, and heat production by uncoupling proteins..
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TACO1 Gene
Acts as a translational activator of mitochondrially-encoded cytochrome c oxidase 1.