Aliases for SUGT1 Gene
- SGT1 Homolog, MIS12 Kinetochore Complex Assembly Cochaperone 2 3 5
- SGT1 3 4
- Suppressor Of G2 Allele Of SKP1, S. Cerevisiae, Homolog Of 3
- SGT1, Suppressor Of G2 Allele Of SKP1 (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Suppressor Of G2 Allele Of SKP1 Homolog 4
- SGT1, Suppressor Of G2 Allele Of SKP1 3
- Putative 40-6-3 Protein 3
- Protein 40-6-3 4
External Ids for SUGT1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SUGT1 Gene
This gene encodes a highly conserved nuclear protein involved in kinetochore function and required for the G1/S and G2/M transitions. This protein interacts with heat shock protein 90. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. Pseudogenes for this gene have been defined on several different chromosomes. [provided by RefSeq, Mar 2016]
GeneCards Summary for SUGT1 Gene
SUGT1 (SGT1 Homolog, MIS12 Kinetochore Complex Assembly Cochaperone) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Immune System and Nucleotide-binding domain, leucine rich repeat containing receptor (NLR) signaling pathways.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SUGT1 Gene
May play a role in ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins.