Aliases for SPACA3 Gene
- Sperm Acrosome Associated 3 2 3
- Cancer/Testis Antigen 54 2 3 4
- LYZL3 3 4 6
- SLLP1 3 4 6
- LYC3 3 4 6
- Lysozyme-Like Acrosomal Sperm-Specific Secretory Protein ALLP-17 3 4
- Sperm Protein Reactive With Antisperm Antibodies 3 4
- Sperm Lyzozyme-Like Acrosomal Protein 1 2 3
- Sperm Protein Reactive With ASA 3 4
- Sperm Lysozyme-Like Protein 1 3 4
External Ids for SPACA3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SPACA3 Gene
SPACA3 (Sperm Acrosome Associated 3) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include lysozyme activity. An important paralog of this gene is SPACA5B.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SPACA3 Gene
Sperm surface membrane protein that may be involved in sperm-egg plasma membrane adhesion and fusion during fertilization. It could be a potential receptor for the egg oligosaccharide residue N-acetylglucosamine, which is present in the extracellular matrix over the egg plasma membrane. The processed form has no detectable bacteriolytic activity in vitro.