Aliases for SNRNP27 Gene
- Small Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein U4/U6.U5 Subunit 27 2 3 5
- U4/U6.U5 Small Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein 27 KDa Protein 2 3
- Small Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein, U4/U6.U5 27kDa Subunit 2 3
- Small Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein 27kDa (U4/U6.U5) 2 3
- U4/U6.U5 Tri-SnRNP-Associated 27 KDa Protein 3 4
- U4/U6.U5 Tri-SnRNP-Associated Protein 3 3 4
- U4/U6.U5-27K 3 4
External Ids for SNRNP27 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SNRNP27 Gene
This gene encodes a serine/arginine-rich (SR) protein. SR proteins play important roles in pre-mRNA splicing by facilitating the recognition and selection of splice sites. The encoded protein associates with the 25S U4/U6.U5 tri-snRNP, a major component of the U2-type spiceosome. The expression of this gene may be altered in cells infected with the human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) retrovirus. A pseudogene of this gene is located on the long arm of chromosome 5. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been observed for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Feb 2011]
GeneCards Summary for SNRNP27 Gene
SNRNP27 (Small Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein U4/U6.U5 Subunit 27) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are mRNA Splicing - Major Pathway and Gene Expression. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SNRNP27 Gene
May play a role in mRNA splicing.