Aliases for SNAPC4 Gene
- Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex, Polypeptide 4, 190kDa 2 3
- SNAP190 3 4 6
- Proximal Sequence Element-Binding Transcription Factor Subunit Alpha 3 4
- Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex, Polypeptide 4, 190kD 2 3
- SnRNA-Activating Protein Complex 190 KDa Subunit 3 4
- PSE-Binding Factor Subunit Alpha 3 4
External Ids for SNAPC4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SNAPC4 Gene
SNAPC4 (Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex, Polypeptide 4, 190kDa) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and RNA Polymerase III Transcription Initiation. GO annotations related to this gene include sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity and chromatin binding. An important paralog of this gene is MYBL1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SNAPC4 Gene
Part of the SNAPc complex required for the transcription of both RNA polymerase II and III small-nuclear RNA genes. Binds to the proximal sequence element (PSE), a non-TATA-box basal promoter element common to these 2 types of genes. Recruits TBP and BRF2 to the U6 snRNA TATA box.