Aliases for SNAPC4 Gene
- Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex Polypeptide 4 2 3 5
- Proximal Sequence Element-Binding Transcription Factor Subunit Alpha 3 4
- Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex, Polypeptide 4, 190kDa 2 3
- Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex, Polypeptide 4, 190kD 2 3
- SnRNA-Activating Protein Complex 190 KDa Subunit 3 4
- PSE-Binding Factor Subunit Alpha 3 4
External Ids for SNAPC4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SNAPC4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SNAPC4 Gene
SNAPC4 (Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex Polypeptide 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and Activated PKN1 stimulates transcription of AR (androgen receptor) regulated genes KLK2 and KLK3. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor activity, sequence-specific DNA binding and chromatin binding. An important paralog of this gene is MYBL1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SNAPC4 Gene
Part of the SNAPc complex required for the transcription of both RNA polymerase II and III small-nuclear RNA genes. Binds to the proximal sequence element (PSE), a non-TATA-box basal promoter element common to these 2 types of genes. Recruits TBP and BRF2 to the U6 snRNA TATA box.