Aliases for SNAPC2 Gene
- Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex Polypeptide 2 2 3 5
- Proximal Sequence Element-Binding Transcription Factor Subunit Delta 3 4
- Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex, Polypeptide 2, 45kDa 2 3
- Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex, Polypeptide 2, 45kD 2 3
- SnRNA-Activating Protein Complex 45 KDa Subunit 3 4
- PSE-Binding Factor Subunit Delta 3 4
- PTF Subunit Delta 3 4
- SNAPc Subunit 2 3 4
External Ids for SNAPC2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SNAPC2 Gene
This gene encodes a subunit of the snRNA-activating protein complex which is associated with the TATA box-binding protein. The encoded protein is necessary for RNA polymerase II and III dependent small-nuclear RNA gene transcription. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2009]
GeneCards Summary for SNAPC2 Gene
SNAPC2 (Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex Polypeptide 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are RNA Polymerase III Transcription Initiation and Gene Expression. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor activity, sequence-specific DNA binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SNAPC2 Gene
Part of the SNAPc complex required for the transcription of both RNA polymerase II and III small-nuclear RNA genes. Binds to the proximal sequence element (PSE), a non-TATA-box basal promoter element common to these 2 types of genes. Recruits TBP and BRF2 to the U6 snRNA TATA box.