Aliases for SNAPC2 Gene
- Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex Polypeptide 2 2 3 5
- Proximal Sequence Element-Binding Transcription Factor Subunit Delta 3 4
- Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex, Polypeptide 2, 45kDa 2 3
- Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex, Polypeptide 2, 45kD 2 3
- SnRNA-Activating Protein Complex 45 KDa Subunit 3 4
- PSE-Binding Factor Subunit Delta 3 4
- PTF Subunit Delta 3 4
- SNAPc Subunit 2 3 4
External Ids for SNAPC2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SNAPC2 Gene
This gene encodes a subunit of the snRNA-activating protein complex which is associated with the TATA box-binding protein. The encoded protein is necessary for RNA polymerase II and III dependent small-nuclear RNA gene transcription. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2009]
GeneCards Summary for SNAPC2 Gene
SNAPC2 (Small Nuclear RNA Activating Complex Polypeptide 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are RNA Polymerase III Transcription Initiation and Activated PKN1 stimulates transcription of AR (androgen receptor) regulated genes KLK2 and KLK3. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor activity, sequence-specific DNA binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SNAPC2 Gene
Part of the SNAPc complex required for the transcription of both RNA polymerase II and III small-nuclear RNA genes. Binds to the proximal sequence element (PSE), a non-TATA-box basal promoter element common to these 2 types of genes. Recruits TBP and BRF2 to the U6 snRNA TATA box.