Aliases for SMARCD2 Gene
- SWI/SNF Related, Matrix Associated, Actin Dependent Regulator Of Chromatin, Subfamily D, Member 2 2 3 5
- Mammalian Chromatin Remodeling Complex BRG1-Associated Factor 60B 2 3
- 60 KDa BRG-1/Brm-Associated Factor Subunit B 3 4
- Chromatin Remodeling Complex BAF60B Subunit 2 3
- SWI/SNF Complex 60 KDa Subunit B 2 3
- BRG1-Associated Factor 60B 3 4
- Swp73-Like Protein 2 3
External Ids for SMARCD2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SMARCD2 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the SWI/SNF family of proteins, whose members display helicase and ATPase activities and which are thought to regulate transcription of certain genes by altering the chromatin structure around those genes. The encoded protein is part of the large ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complex SNF/SWI and has sequence similarity to the yeast Swp73 protein. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for SMARCD2 Gene
SMARCD2 (SWI/SNF Related, Matrix Associated, Actin Dependent Regulator Of Chromatin, Subfamily D, Member 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are AMPK Enzyme Complex Pathway and Transcription Ligand-dependent activation of the ESR1/SP pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription coactivator activity and RNA polymerase II distal enhancer sequence-specific DNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is SMARCD3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SMARCD2 Gene
Involved in transcriptional activation and repression of select genes by chromatin remodeling (alteration of DNA-nucleosome topology).