Aliases for SLC9B2 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 9 Member B2 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 9, Subfamily B (NHA2, Cation Proton Antiporter 2), Member 2 2 3 5
- Solute Carrier Family 9, Subfamily B (Cation Proton Antiporter 2), Member 2 2 3
- Sodium/Hydrogen Exchanger-Like Domain-Containing Protein 2 3 4
- Na(+)/H(+) Exchanger-Like Domain-Containing Protein 2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 9 Subfamily B Member 2 3 4
- Mitochondrial Na(+)/H(+) Exchanger NHA2 3 4
External Ids for SLC9B2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for SLC9B2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC9B2 Gene
Sodium hydrogen antiporters, such as NHEDC2, convert the proton motive force established by the respiratory chain or the F1F0 mitochondrial ATPase into sodium gradients that drive other energy-requiring processes, transduce environmental signals into cell responses, or function in drug efflux (Xiang et al., 2007 [PubMed 18000046]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for SLC9B2 Gene
SLC9B2 (Solute Carrier Family 9 Member B2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Ion channel transport. GO annotations related to this gene include oxidoreductase activity and solute:proton antiporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC9B1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC9B2 Gene
Electroneutral exchange of protons for Na(+) and Li(+) across the inner mitochondrial membrane. Contributes to the organellar volume homeostasis. Required for osteoclast differentiation and bone resorption activity (By similarity).