Aliases for SLC7A11 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 7 (Anionic Amino Acid Transporter Light Chain, Xc- System), Member 11 2 3
- Calcium Channel Blocker Resistance Protein CCBR1 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 7 Member 11 3 4
- Amino Acid Transport System Xc- 3 4
- XCT 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 7, (Cationic Amino Acid Transporter, Y+ System) Member 11 3
- Cystine/Glutamate Transporter 3
- CCBR1 3
External Ids for SLC7A11 Gene
This gene encodes a member of a heteromeric, sodium-independent, anionic amino acid transport system that is highly specific for cysteine and glutamate. In this system, designated Xc(-), the anionic form of cysteine is transported in exchange for glutamate. This protein has been identified as the predominant mediator of Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirus fusion and entry permissiveness into cells. Also, increased expression of this gene in primary gliomas (compared to normal brain tissue) was associated with increased glutamate secretion via the XCT channels, resulting in neuronal cell death. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2011]
GeneCards Summary for SLC7A11 Gene
SLC7A11 (Solute Carrier Family 7 (Anionic Amino Acid Transporter Light Chain, Xc- System), Member 11) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC7A11 include dyscalculia and kaposi sarcoma. Among its related pathways are Hemostasis and Glucose / Energy Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include cystine:glutamate antiporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC7A7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC7A11 Gene
Sodium-independent, high-affinity exchange of anionic amino acids with high specificity for anionic form of cystine and glutamate.