Aliases for SLC6A18 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 6 (Neutral Amino Acid Transporter), Member 18 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 6 (Neurotransmitter Transporter), Member 18 2 3
- Sodium- And Chloride-Dependent Transporter XTRP2 3 4
- System B(0) Neutral Amino Acid Transporter AT3 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 6, Member 18 2 3
- Xtrp2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 6 Member 18 4
- Sodium Channel-Like Protein 3
External Ids for SLC6A18 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC6A18 Gene
The SLC6 family of proteins, which includes SLC6A18, act as specific transporters for neurotransmitters, amino acids, and osmolytes like betaine, taurine, and creatine. SLC6 proteins are sodium cotransporters that derive the energy for solute transport from the electrochemical gradient for sodium ions (Hoglund et al., 2005 [PubMed 16125675]).[supplied by OMIM, Apr 2010]
GeneCards Summary for SLC6A18 Gene
SLC6A18 (Solute Carrier Family 6 (Neutral Amino Acid Transporter), Member 18) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC6A18 include iminoglycinuria, digenic and histidine metabolism disease. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. GO annotations related to this gene include neurotransmitter:sodium symporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC6A20.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC6A18 Gene
Functions as a sodium and chloride-dependent neutral amino acid transporter.