Aliases for SLC5A6 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 5 Member 6 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 5 (Sodium/Multivitamin And Iodide Cotransporter), Member 6 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 5 (Sodium-Dependent Vitamin Transporter), Member 6 2 3
- Na(+)-Dependent Multivitamin Transporter 3 4
- SMVT 3 4
- Sodium-Dependent Multivitamin Transporter 3
- Na+-Dependent Multivitamin Transporter 3
External Ids for SLC5A6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC5A6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC5A6 Gene
SLC5A6 (Solute Carrier Family 5 Member 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC5A6 include Thiamine Metabolism Dysfunction Syndrome 2 and Basal Ganglia Disease. Among its related pathways are Metabolism of water-soluble vitamins and cofactors and Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. GO annotations related to this gene include transporter activity and sodium-dependent multivitamin transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC5A8.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC5A6 Gene
Transports pantothenate, biotin and lipoate in the presence of sodium.