Aliases for SLC5A3 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 5 Member 3 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 5 (Sodium/Myo-Inositol Cotransporter), Member 3 2 3
- Sodium/Myo-Inositol Transporter 1 3 4
- Na(+)/Myo-Inositol Cotransporter 3 4
- SMIT1 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 5 (Inositol Transporters), Member 3 3
- Solute Carrier Family 5 (Inositol Transporter), Member 3 2
External Ids for SLC5A3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC5A3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC5A3 Gene
SLC5A3 (Solute Carrier Family 5 Member 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Regulation of Glucokinase by Glucokinase Regulatory Protein. GO annotations related to this gene include transporter activity and myo-inositol:sodium symporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC5A11.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC5A3 Gene
Prevents intracellular accumulation of high concentrations of myo-inositol (an osmolyte) that result in impairment of cellular function.