Aliases for SLC34A3 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 34 Member 3 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 34 (Type II Sodium/Phosphate Cotransporter), Member 3 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 34 (Sodium Phosphate), Member 3 2 3
- Sodium/Inorganic Phosphate Cotransporter IIC 3 4
- Na(+)-Dependent Phosphate Cotransporter 2C 3 4
- Sodium-Phosphate Transport Protein 2C 3 4
- Na(+)/Pi Cotransporter 2C 3 4
- NaPi-2c 3 4
External Ids for SLC34A3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC34A3 Gene
This gene encodes a member of SLC34A transporter family of proteins, and is expressed primarily in the kidney. It is involved in transporting phosphate into cells via sodium cotransport in the renal brush border membrane, and contributes to the maintenance of inorganic phosphate concentration in the kidney. Mutations in this gene are associated with hereditary hypophosphatemic rickets with hypercalciuria. Alternatively spliced transcript variants varying in the 5' UTR have been found for this gene.[provided by RefSeq, Apr 2010]
GeneCards Summary for SLC34A3 Gene
SLC34A3 (Solute Carrier Family 34 Member 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC34A3 include Hypophosphatemic Rickets With Hypercalciuria and Hereditary Hypophosphatemic Rickets. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. GO annotations related to this gene include sodium:phosphate symporter activity and sodium-dependent phosphate transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC34A2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC34A3 Gene
May be involved in actively transporting phosphate into cells via Na(+) cotransport in the renal brush border membrane. Probably mediates 20-30% of the apical influx.