Aliases for SLC28A2 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 28 Member 2 2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 28 (Concentrative Nucleoside Transporter), Member 2 2 3 5
- Solute Carrier Family 28 (Sodium-Coupled Nucleoside Transporter), Member 2 2 3
- Sodium-Coupled Nucleoside Transporter 2 3 4
- Sodium/Purine Nucleoside Co-Transporter 3 4
- Concentrative Nucleoside Transporter 2 3 4
- Na(+)/Nucleoside Cotransporter 2 3 4
External Ids for SLC28A2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC28A2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC28A2 Gene
SLC28A2 (Solute Carrier Family 28 Member 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport of vitamins, nucleosides, and related molecules and Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleoside binding and purine nucleoside transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC28A3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC28A2 Gene
Sodium-dependent and purine-selective transporter. Exhibits the transport characteristics of the nucleoside transport system cif or N1 subtype (N1/cif) (selective for purine nucleosides and uridine). Plays a critical role in specific uptake and salvage of purine nucleosides in kidney and other tissues.