Aliases for SLC28A1 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 28 Member 1 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 28 (Sodium-Coupled Nucleoside Transporter), Member 1 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 28 (Concentrative Nucleoside Transporter), Member 1 2 3
- Sodium-Coupled Nucleoside Transporter 1 3 4
- Concentrative Nucleoside Transporter 1 3 4
- Na(+)/Nucleoside Cotransporter 1 3 4
External Ids for SLC28A1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC28A1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC28A1 Gene
SLC28A1 (Solute Carrier Family 28 Member 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC28A1 include Macroglobulinemia. Among its related pathways are Transport of vitamins, nucleosides, and related molecules and Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleoside binding and nucleoside:sodium symporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC28A2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC28A1 Gene
Sodium-dependent and pyrimidine-selective. Exhibits the transport characteristics of the nucleoside transport system cit or N2 subtype (N2/cit) (selective for pyrimidine nucleosides and adenosine). It also transports the antiviral pyrimidine nucleoside analogs 3-azido-3-deoxythymidine (AZT) and 2,3-dideoxycytidine (ddC). It may be involved in the intestinal absorption and renal handling of pyrimidine nucleoside analogs used to treat acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It has the following selective inhibition: adenosine, thymidine, cytidine, uridine >> guanosine, inosine.