Aliases for SLC25A5 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 5 2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Adenine Nucleotide Translocator), Member 5 2 3
- ADP,ATP Carrier Protein, Fibroblast Isoform 3 4
- ANT2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier Adenine Nucleotide Translocator), Member 5 5
- Adenine Nucleotide Translocator 2 (Fibroblast) 3
- Adenine Nucleotide Translocator 2 4
External Ids for SLC25A5 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for SLC25A5 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC25A5 Gene
This gene is a member of the mitochondrial carrier subfamily of solute carrier protein genes. The product of this gene functions as a gated pore that translocates ADP from the cytoplasm into the mitochondrial matrix and ATP from the mitochondrial matrix into the cytoplasm. The protein forms a homodimer embedded in the inner mitochondria membrane. Suppressed expression of this gene has been shown to induce apoptosis and inhibit tumor growth. The human genome contains several non-transcribed pseudogenes of this gene.[provided by RefSeq, Jun 2013]
GeneCards Summary for SLC25A5 Gene
SLC25A5 (Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 5) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC25A5 include non-syndromic intellectual disability and prostatic adenoma. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Regulation of Glucokinase by Glucokinase Regulatory Protein. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding and adenine transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC25A31.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC25A5 Gene
Catalyzes the exchange of cytoplasmic ADP with mitochondrial ATP across the mitochondrial inner membrane. As part of the mitotic spindle-associated MMXD complex it may play a role in chromosome segregation.