Aliases for SLC25A5 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 5 2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Adenine Nucleotide Translocator), Member 5 2 3
- ADP,ATP Carrier Protein, Fibroblast Isoform 3 4
- ANT2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier Adenine Nucleotide Translocator), Member 5 5
- Adenine Nucleotide Translocator 2 (Fibroblast) 3
- Adenine Nucleotide Translocator 2 4
External Ids for SLC25A5 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for SLC25A5 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC25A5 Gene
This gene is a member of the mitochondrial carrier subfamily of solute carrier protein genes. The product of this gene functions as a gated pore that translocates ADP from the cytoplasm into the mitochondrial matrix and ATP from the mitochondrial matrix into the cytoplasm. The protein forms a homodimer embedded in the inner mitochondria membrane. Suppressed expression of this gene has been shown to induce apoptosis and inhibit tumor growth. The human genome contains several non-transcribed pseudogenes of this gene.[provided by RefSeq, Jun 2013]
GeneCards Summary for SLC25A5 Gene
SLC25A5 (Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 5) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC25A5 include non-syndromic intellectual disability and oxyphilic adenoma. Among its related pathways are Calcium signaling pathway and cGMP-PKG signaling pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding and adenine transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC25A31.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC25A5 Gene
Catalyzes the exchange of cytoplasmic ADP with mitochondrial ATP across the mitochondrial inner membrane. As part of the mitotic spindle-associated MMXD complex it may play a role in chromosome segregation.