Aliases for SLC25A26 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (S-Adenosylmethionine Carrier), Member 26 2 3
- SAMC 3 4 6
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Phosphate Carrier), Member 26 2 3
- Mitochondrial S-Adenosylmethionine Transporter 3 4
- S-Adenosylmethionine Mitochondrial Carrier Protein 3
- Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 26 4
External Ids for SLC25A26 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC25A26 Gene
Mitochondrial carriers, including SLC25A26, are a family of transport proteins found mostly in the inner membranes of mitochondria. They shuttle metabolites and cofactors through the mitochondrial membrane (Agrimi et al., 2004 [PubMed 14674884]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for SLC25A26 Gene
SLC25A26 (Solute Carrier Family 25 (S-Adenosylmethionine Carrier), Member 26) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include S-adenosyl-L-methionine transmembrane transporter activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC25A26 Gene
Mitochondrial solute carriers shuttle metabolites, nucleotides, and cofactors through the mitochondrial inner membrane. Specifically mediates the transport of S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) into the mitochondria.