Aliases for SLC25A26 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 26 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Phosphate Carrier), Member 26 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (S-Adenosylmethionine Carrier), Member 26 2 3
- Mitochondrial S-Adenosylmethionine Transporter 3 4
- SAMC 3 4
- S-Adenosylmethionine Mitochondrial Carrier Protein 3
- COXPD28 3
External Ids for SLC25A26 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC25A26 Gene
Mitochondrial carriers, including SLC25A26, are a family of transport proteins found mostly in the inner membranes of mitochondria. They shuttle metabolites and cofactors through the mitochondrial membrane (Agrimi et al., 2004 [PubMed 14674884]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for SLC25A26 Gene
SLC25A26 (Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 26) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC25A26 include Neonatal Severe Cardiopulmonary Failure Due To Mitochondrial Methylation Defect. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. GO annotations related to this gene include S-adenosyl-L-methionine transmembrane transporter activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC25A26 Gene
Mitochondrial solute carriers shuttle metabolites, nucleotides, and cofactors through the mitochondrial inner membrane. Specifically mediates the transport of S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) into the mitochondria.