Aliases for SLC25A25 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 25 2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Phosphate Carrier), Member 25 2 3
- Mitochondrial Ca(2+)-Dependent Solute Carrier Protein 3 3 4
- Mitochondrial ATP-Mg/Pi Carrier Protein 3 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier Phosphate Carrier), Member 25 5
- Small Calcium-Binding Mitochondrial Carrier Protein 2 4
- Short Calcium-Binding Mitochondrial Carrier 2 3
- Small Calcium-Binding Mitochondrial Carrier 2 3
External Ids for SLC25A25 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC25A25 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the family of calcium-binding mitochondrial carriers, with a characteristic mitochondrial carrier domain at the C-terminus. These proteins are found in the inner membranes of mitochondria, and function as transport proteins. They shuttle metabolites, nucleotides and cofactors through the mitochondrial membrane and thereby connect and/or regulate cytoplasm and matrix functions. This protein may function as an ATP-Mg/Pi carrier that mediates the transport of Mg-ATP in exchange for phosphate, and likely responsible for the net uptake or efflux of adenine nucleotides into or from the mitochondria. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms with a common C-terminus but variable N-termini have been described for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2012]
GeneCards Summary for SLC25A25 Gene
SLC25A25 (Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 25) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding. An important paralog of this gene is SLC25A42.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC25A25 Gene
Calcium-dependent mitochondrial solute carrier. Mitochondrial solute carriers shuttle metabolites, nucleotides, and cofactors through the mitochondrial inner membrane. May act as a ATP-Mg/Pi exchanger that mediates the transport of Mg-ATP in exchange for phosphate, catalyzing the net uptake or efflux of adenine nucleotides into or from the mitochondria.